Traffic Controller Course
$440 (GST Exempt)
This Traffic Controller Course is suitable for anyone who needs to be able to use a stop/slow bat or place/remove traffic control devices (such as bollards and signs) in accordance with a Traffic Management Plan in a work environment.
Click Here to Save 30% in April
Stay safety-focussed in April and Save 30% off all training bookings in what we're calling the What-A-Mess (WAM) Sale!
Train safe. Work safe. Home safe.
Thu 09/04 (1 Place Left)
Wed 22/04 (6 Places Left)
To Make a Booking Click Here
Subjects covered in this course:
- Use of stop/slow bats
- Implementing traffic management plans
- Setting out, monitoring and closing down traffic control devices
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working on sites which utilise traffic control is preferred
Why complete this Traffic Controller Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
This Road Management Act 2004 Compliance Code states, “Personnel involved in traffic management and traffic control should, where applicable, possess a certificate, issued by a Registered Training Organisation.”
This is reinforced by VicRoads Guidelines for Traffic Controllers – “Traffic controllers are to be appropriately trained in their duties and certified as competent. All accredited traffic controllers at worksites on roads in Victoria should comply with the guidelines… All traffic controllers are required to obtain a valid Statement of Attainment in Traffic Control using Stop/Slow Bat and should attend an appropriate refresher course every three years.”
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Traffic Controller Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to controlling traffic, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements, Traffic Management Plans and Traffic Guidance Schemes (diagrammatic representations of traffic control device setups with measurements)
- Complete required documentation relevant to traffic control, including completing risk assessments
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Traffic Controller Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Traffic Controller Course Information
- A maximum of 8 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Traffic Controller Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Traffic Controller Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a practical assessment involving the use of traffic control equipment in accordance with traffic guidance schemes
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)