Deja Vu anyone?
Victoria enters Lockdown 5.0 from 11:59pm tonight until 11:59pm on Tuesday 20th July (we hope!). Check out the Statement from the Premier on Dan Andrew’s Twitter Feed here.
The advice for this lockdown is the same as last time – RTO’s are incredibly limited in terms of what training is allowed to proceed. In WAM Training’s operations (the same applying to all RTO’s in our sector), we are only permitted to proceed with the following course categories:
- high-risk work licenses
- construction induction (white card)
Here’s the rules that apply to adult education. I know it might be a bit boring, but please have a close read before sending your staff to any form of training over the next few days.
[T]he conduct of essential adult education services pertaining to the following occupations and activities for:
- training and assessment for infection control, high-risk work licenses and high-risk work credentials and construction induction (white card), that ensure workplace and public safety in permitted work premises or for permitted workers; or
- study for final year pre-service early childhood and school teachers (including placements); or
- final-year higher education students (i.e. in TEQSA-regulated courses), who do not have alternative options to complete their study by end of year; or
- first aid training where required for COVID response; or
- study for health care workers (including clinical placements); or
- apprentices training with an Authorised Provider or Authorised Worker; or
clinical health and biomedical science (if required to be on site for the maintenance of essential research activities); or
- aged and disability care (including clinical placements); or
- mandatory assessments for VCE and VCAL students; or
- police Academy; or
- defence and national security agencies;
We are in the process of contacting all of our customers who have training scheduled during the lockdown. If you have training scheduled tomorrow, you will have already heard from us.
If you require further information or assistance, please call our office on 1800 143 343.
All the best,
WAM Training (RTO 22054)