Working Safely at Heights Course
$280 (GST Exempt)
This course is suitable for anyone who is exposed to the risk of a fall whilst working at height (in particular, anyone who wears a harness while working at any height).
Wed 23/10 (3 Places Left)
Fri 08/11 (6 Places Left)
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards
- Conducting risk assessments
- Implementing control measures
- Harness inspection, fitting and use
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Experience working at heights is preferred but not mandatory
Why Complete this Working Safely at Heights Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Australian Standard AS1891.4 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices – Selection, Use and Maintenance’ states, “Operators at entry level who are required to perform harness based work at heights shall be trained and assessed in a nationally accredited general height safety course or a course of equal standard, to a level of competence where they can work under a supervisor.”
Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Requirements
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to work by themselves and as part of a team with some accountability of their own work areas in defined and routine tasks. Applicants must have sufficient reading, writing, verbal communication and numeracy skills in English to enable them to safely complete tasks relating to working at heights. Refer to the descriptions below.
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements and product specifications
- Complete required documentation relevant to working at heights, including completing Safe Work Method Statements
- Ensure safe working loads of anchorage points aren’t exceeded
- Calculate clearance below anchorage points
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course
Individuals who are concerned that they may not have adequate reading, writing, numeracy and/or verbal communication skills are advised to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.
What is the Working Safely at Heights Course Outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment (Nationally Accredited) and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Course Information
Read the information below before making a booking.
How many trainees can attend the course?
- A maximum of 12 trainees are permitted
What should trainees wear?
- Trainees are required to wear safety shoes and hi-visibility clothing (WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest if required)
What should trainees bring?
- Trainees must bring a passport or an Australian driver’s licence
- Contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you do not have one of the forms of ID listed above
Do trainees need to study?
- Yes – All trainees will be forwarded the Course Handbook upon making a booking. WAM Training requires that all trainees study the Course Handbook prior to the commencement of face-to-face training
How is the assessment conducted?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, incorporating a Safe Work Method Statement, and a practical assessment involving the use of height safety equipment to access areas at height
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
Please don’t hesitate to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you have any other questions.
- “Best delivered course during my working life. Well explained with attention to detail and real life experiences relative to course content. Excellent and enjoyable.” – Bobby S, 03.10.18
- “It was an excellent course. The course was thorough, well explained and easy to comprehend. Steven was a fantastic trainer and made the process easy to understand.” – Anonymous, 19.06.18
- “I have done a lot of courses over the years and often felt disappointed with what I received, but this course was quite the opposite. The trainer’s knowledge and direct easy to understand training method made this course so valuable and worthwhile. Thanks Steve.” – Joseph T, 14.04.18
- “The course layout was easy to follow and understand. The trainer made it easy to understand and interesting so I could pay attention.” – Herald T, 19.10.17
- “I appreciated it and hope that you will try to keep it up, because safety is a must for everyone. Thanks a lot WAM.” – Anonymous, 15.06.17
- “It was great experience to use various height restraint equipment. Great value course.” – Ivan S, 26.05.17