Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course (SL & VL)
1 Day – 7:45am to 2:00pm
Was $220 – SAVE 20% UNTIL 31 MARCH – Now Only $176 (GST Exempt)
This Scissor and Vertical Lift Course is suitable for employees who are required to operate, transport or supervise the use of any size scissor lift (SL) or vertical lift (VL).
We Have Moved - SAVE 20%
We are now located at 56 Dohertys Road, Laverton North VIC 3026. To do our bit to help with Victoria's COVID Recovery, we're giving 20% off all of our courses up until 31st March 2021 (for online bookings only). Click Here to Read More.
Want this course on your site?
Want this info emailed to you?
January & February Course Dates
- Fri 05/02
- Tue 09/02
- Wed 10/02
March & April Course Dates
- Mon 01/03
- Fri 12/03
- Mon 15/03
- Wed 24/03
- Thu 01/04
- Fri 09/04
- Wed 21/04
- Mon 26/04
May & June Course Dates
- Wed 05/05
- Mon 10/05
- Wed 19/05
- Mon 24/05
- Wed 02/06
- Mon 07/06
- Fri 18/06
- Mon 21/06
- Wed 30/06
- Hazards and control measures
- Safety checks
- Operation of scissor lifts and vertical lifts
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around machinery is preferred
Why complete this Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
The Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia states, “The EWPA Duty of care ‘Yellow Card’ is a nationally recognised industry training program developed by the EWPA in consultation with members and industry. The intention of this program is to assist operators, employers, equipment owners and manufactures in complying with the OH&S regulation. The Yellow Card provides the holder with evidence of training in a particular type of EWP where no licence exists. The Yellow Card provides evidence that the operators of specific types of EWPs have been trained in the safe use of the work platform. The supplier, employer and user all have documentary evidence that the required ‘duty of care’ has been met or exceeded.”
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to EWP use, such as being able to:
- Read and understand scissor lift and vertical lift specifications
- Complete paperwork such as Safe Work Method Statements and logbook entries
- Ensure safe working loads are not exceeded
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment (from WAM Training) and a Yellow Card (from the Elevating Work Platform Association).
Additional Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course Information
- A maximum of 8 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a practical assessment involving the operation of elevating work platforms
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as reading EWP compliance plates and recording information in an EWP logbook (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- Verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, therefore may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
If you have any questions about our Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.