Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course
$2,400 (GST Exempt) Sessional Rate (Up to 12 Attendees)
This Overhead Crane Course is suitable for employees who are required to operate overhead (such as bridge, gantry and jib cranes) cranes which make 3 or less powered motions and are operated via a pendant or remote control. An overhead crane which has Up/Down, North/South and East/West functions is classed as having 3 powered motions.
This course is only ever conducted for group bookings on employers’ sites.
Subjects covered in this course:
- Planning and preparing for crane operation
- Operating an overhead crane which makes 3 or less powered motions and is operated via a pendant or remote control
- Shutting down crane operations
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around machinery is preferred
Why complete this Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Proof of competency is required to operate all overhead cranes. This course is designed to meet that requirement. In some cases (such as where the crane has 4 or more powered motions, or is cabin-operated, a High Risk Work Licence (Class CB) is required (please note that this course is not for a Class CB High Risk Work Licence).
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to overhead crane operation, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret standard operating procedures and crane specifications
- Complete paperwork such as logbook entries
- Ensure that the safe working load of the overhead crane isn’t exceeded
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with your policies and procedures applicable to overhead crane use
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test and a practical assessment involving the use of an overhead crane to shift loads
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
If you have any questions about our Overhead Crane (Bridge & Gantry) Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.