(4 hour course)
NWPNET003 - Control electrical risk on metallic pipes
WHO should complete Main-to-Meter training?
- Anyone who works in the water supply industry who may need to conduct works on main-to-meter pipes
WHY do you need Main-to-Meter training?
Section 21 of the OH&S Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Water boards may require their staff and contractors to undergo Nationally Accredited training in this area.
WHAT is covered in Main-to-Meter training?
This course provides trainees with information, instruction and training about safe operation of a Abnormal Voltage Detection Devices (AVDD's) in the context of main-to-meter pipe works. This course will help you or your employees to understand what is required to:
- Understand and control electrical hazards associated with metallic pipes
- Inspect and use an Abnormal Voltage Detection Device (AVDD)
- Inspect and use a bridging conductor
- Access and use the Dial Before You Dig service
WHERE are the Main-to-Meter courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility: Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How Safe is Your Workplace?
If safety is important to you and your staff are operating any elevating work platforms, you must always ask yourself the question "How safe is your Workplace?"
For Private Course Bookings:
- $1800.00 (GST Exempt) per session
- $2800.00 (GST Exempt) for two sessions (if conducted on same day with 30 minute break between sessions)
For Public Course Bookings:
- $240.00 (GST Exempt) per person
WHEN are Main-to-Meter courses conducted?
For Private Course Bookings:
To enquire about private courses, click on the 'Course Enquiry' tab - we'll work with you to find a mutually agreeable date & time.
Public Course Dates:
- Please contact our office to discuss training date options.
Duration & course times:
- AM Session: 4 hour course (07:45am - 11:45pm Approx.)
- PM Session:
- Maximum 12 per session
- Enclosed shoes and hi-visibility clothing are required
- WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest for courses on our site
Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test and a practical assessment involving:
- Using the Dial Before You Did service
- Selecting and inspecting Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Earthing, fitting and testing an Abnormal Voltage Detection Device (AVDD) and bridging conductor
- Restoring the work area to a safe conduction upon completion of works
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team, exercising judgement in the selection of equipment, services or contingency plans. Trainees must be able to utilise workplace documentation without the guidance of another person.
The training and assessment may involve bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting.