Forklift Licence Course
2 Days – 7:45am to 4:00pm
Was $600 – SAVE 20% UNTIL 31 MARCH – Now Only $480 (GST Exempt)
This Forklift Licence Course is suitable for anyone who needs to attain a Forklift High Risk Work Licence.
We Are Moving - SAVE 20%
From Monday 7th December, our training facility will be located at 56 Dohertys Road, Laverton North VIC 3026.
To do our bit to help with Victoria's COVID Recovery, we're giving 20% off all of our courses up until 31st March 2021 (for online bookings only).
Click Here to Read More.
Want this course on your site?
Want this info emailed to you?
Public Course Start Dates:
- Wed 09/12 to Thu 10/12 (3 Places Left)
- Mon 14/12 to Tue 15/12
- Mon 21/12 to Tue 22/12
- Mon 04/01 to Tue 05/01
- Mon 11/01 to Tue 12/01
- Wed 13/01 to Thu 14/01
- Mon 18/01 to Tue 19/01
- Wed 20/01 to Thu 21/01
- Wed 27/01 to Thu 28/01
- Thu 28/01 to Fri 29/01
- Mon 01/02 to Tue 02/02
- Thu 04/02 to Fri 05/02
- Mon 08/02 to Tue 09/02
- Thu 18/02 to Fri 19/02
- Planning work and keeping safe
- Forklift safety checks
- Use of forklifts to shift loads
- Victorian residents only
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around machinery is preferred
Worksafe Victoria Registration Rules:
Trainees cannot be changed and refunds wont be given once registration closes. Registration closes at 4:00pm Friday for courses starting on Monday-Tuesday the following week, 7:00am Monday for courses starting on Wednesdays, and 4:00pm Monday for courses starting on the Thursdays.
Why complete this Forklift Licence Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely. Part 3.6 and Schedule 3 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (Vic.) outline the requirement to hold a High Risk Work Licence if operating forklifts.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Forklift Licence Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to forklifts, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements, forklift specifications and data plates
- Complete paperwork such as risk assessments and logbook entries
- Calculate load weights and ensure safe working loads aren’t exceeded
- Speak English clearly
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the required capabilities to complete our Forklift Licence Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Forklift Licence Course outcome?
Upon successful completion of our Forklift Licence Course, trainees will be issued with a WorkSafe Notice of Assessment (which must be lodged at Australia Post along with the lodgement fee of $65) and a Statement of Attainment.
Additional Forklift Licence Course Information
- A maximum of 6 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- A Pre-Course Worksheet will be provided which must be completed prior to the course
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
What does the Forklift Licence Course assessment involve?
Before formal assessment, trainees must successfully complete three worksheets. If these worksheets aren’t correctly completed, additional one-on-one training can be provided as indicated below
Trainees will then be formally assessed in three stages:
- Theory Assessment (61 short-answer questions)
- Maths Assessment (9 maths questions involving calculating load weights and comparing to a forklift data plate
- Practical Assessment (Hazard identification, safety checks and operating a forklift to shift loads
The formal assessments for the Forklift Licence Course are closed-book and no notes are permitted to be used. Also, if a Trainee is unable to complete the worksheets, additional one-on-one training may be required and can be provided as indicated below. Verbal assessments may be conducted for the Theory Assessment only. If required, verbal assessments may be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time as they must be conducted one-on-one.
In the event that re-assessment is required, the following rates apply:
- Theory – $100
- Maths – $75
- Practical – $150
- Practical Training – $150 per hour if required
If you have any questions about our Forklift Licence Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.