Elevating Work Platform Course (BL, SL & VL)
1 Day – 7:45am to 4:00pm
Was $330 – SAVE 20% UNTIL 31 MARCH – Now Only $264 (GST Exempt)
This Elevating Work Platform Course (Boomlift, Scissor Lift & Vertical Lift) is suitable for employees who are required to operate, transport or supervise the use of self-propelled boomlifts with under 11m capacity (BL) or any size scissor lift (SL) or vertical lift (VL).
We Are Moving - SAVE 20%
From Monday 7th December, our training facility will be located at 56 Dohertys Road, Laverton North VIC 3026.
To do our bit to help with Victoria's COVID Recovery, we're giving 20% off all of our courses up until 31st March 2021 (for online bookings only).
Click Here to Read More.
Want this course on your site?
Want this info emailed to you?
Public Course Dates:
- Thu 10/12
- Mon 14/12
- Wed 16/12
- Wed 23/12
- Mon 04/01
- Tue 05/01
- Fri 08/01
- Mon 11/01
- Wed 13/01
- Fri 15/01
- Wed 20/01
- Fri 22/01
- Mon 25/01
- Fri 29/01
- Mon 01/02
- Wed 03/02
- Hazards and control measures
- Safety checks
- Operation of scissor lifts and vertical lifts
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around plant/machinery is preferred
Why complete this Elevating Work Platform Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
The Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia states, “The EWPA Duty of care ‘Yellow Card’ is a nationally recognised industry training program developed by the EWPA in consultation with members and industry. The intention of this program is to assist operators, employers, equipment owners and manufactures in complying with the OH&S regulation. The Yellow Card provides the holder with evidence of training in a particular type of EWP where no licence exists. The Yellow Card provides evidence that the operators of specific types of EWPs have been trained in the safe use of the work platform. The supplier, employer and user all have documentary evidence that the required ‘duty of care’ has been met or exceeded.”
Note that WorkSafe Victoria requires that operators of boom-type EWP’s hold a valid Licence to Perform High Risk Work (WP Class). This course does not satisfy this requirement.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Elevating Work Platform Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to EWP use, such as being able to:
- Read and understand elevating work platform specifications
- Complete paperwork such as Safe Work Method Statements and logbook entries
- Ensure safe working loads are not exceeded
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Elevating Work Platform Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment (from WAM Training) and a Yellow Card (from the Elevating Work Platform Association).
Additional Elevating Work Platform Course Information
- A maximum of 8 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Elevating Work Platform Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a practical assessment involving the operation of elevating work platforms
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as reading EWP compliance plates and recording information in an EWP logbook (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- Verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, therefore may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
If you have any questions about our Elevating Work Platform Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.