Elevating Work Platform Course (BL, SL & VL)
$330 (GST Exempt)
Wed 11/12 (2 Places Left)
Mon 16/12 (1 Place Left)
Thu 19/12 (7 Places Left)
12 Positions Available
- Types of elevating work platforms
- Hazards and control measures
- Pre-operational safety checks
- Emergency procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Operation of EWP’s
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Experience working around plant/machinery is preferred but not mandatory
Why Complete this Elevating Work Platform Training Course?
The Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia states, “The EWPA Duty of care ‘Yellow Card’ is a nationally recognised industry training program developed by the EWPA in consultation with members and industry. The intention of this program is to assist operators, employers, equipment owners and manufactures in complying with the OH&S regulation. The Yellow Card provides the holder with evidence of training in a particular type of EWP where no licence exists. The Yellow Card provides evidence that the operators of specific types of EWPs have been trained in the safe use of the work platform. The supplier, employer and user all have documentary evidence that the required ‘duty of care’ has been met or exceeded.”
Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Requirements
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements and EWP specifications
- Complete required documentation relevant to EWP operation, including completing risk assessments and logbook entries
- Add the total weight of people, tools and materials required to be lifted in EWP baskets
- Ensure that the safe working loads of EWP baskets aren’t exceeded
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as reading EWP compliance plates and recording information in an EWP logbook
Individuals who are concerned that they may not have adequate reading, writing, numeracy and/or verbal communication skills are advised to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.
What is the Elevating Work Platform Course (Boomlift, Scissor Lift & Vertical Lift) Outcome?
- An EWP Operator ‘Yellow Card’ with photo, operator number and endorsed with the BL, SL & VL classes
- A Statement of Attainment for the unit RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platforms (Nationally Accredited)
Additional Course Information
How many trainees can attend the course?
- A maximum of 8 trainees are permitted
What should trainees wear?
- Trainees are required to wear safety shoes and hi-visibility clothing (WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest if required)
What should trainees bring?
- Trainees must bring a passport or an Australian driver’s licence
- Contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you do not have one of the forms of ID listed above
Do trainees need to study?
- Yes – All trainees will be forwarded the Course Handbook upon making a booking. WAM Training requires that all trainees study the Course Handbook prior to the commencement of face-to-face training
How is the assessment conducted?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a practical assessment involving the operation of elevating work platforms
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as reading EWP compliance plates and recording information in an EWP logbook (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- WAM Training endeavours to conduct verbal assessments during standard course hours, but as verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, there is a possibility that verbal assessments may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
Please don’t hesitate to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you have any other questions.
Elevating Work Platform Training (Boomlift, Scissor Lift & Vertical Lift) Course Reviews
- “Paul communicates very clearly and explains what is expected from the course. It was very easy to remain engaged in what was being taught.” – Liam, 16.11.18
- “At the beginning of the course I had no experience with EWP’s. Now I feel confident to use them safely.” – Anonymous, 07.11.18
- “Great trainer with a wealth of knowledge. It was a fun day.” – Troy C, 24.09.18
- “Stan was very knowledgeable and informative. He delivered a very well-presented class.” – Abraham A, 23.10.17
- “Steve was knowledgeable and showed passion for this subject. I was pleased with the guidance and manner in which the course was presented. Thanks.” – Anonymous, 30.05.17
- “Very knowledgeable! Trainer made the course enjoyable and it was easy to soak up the information ready for the assessment.” – Anonymous, 07.02.17