3 Hours – 7:45am to 11:00am
Was $100 – SAVE 20% UNTIL 31 MARCH – Now Only $80 (GST Exempt)
This CPR Course is suitable for anyone who needs to maintain currency of their First Aid qualification. The Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines require that CPR is refreshed annually. This course is designed to meet that requirement.
Click here to SEE COURSE DATES and MAKE A BOOKING
Want this course on your site?
Want this info emailed to you?
- Responding to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Providing CPR to adults and infants
- Communicating details of the incident
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants who are currently employed or who have recent work experience are preferred
Why complete this CPR Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the management and control of the employer.
Regulation 339 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (Vic.) and according to WorkSafe Victoria, the number of first aiders and training needs will vary between workplaces. As a general rule, persons designated as first aid officers will need to have undertaken training leading to a Senior First Aid certificate (Level 2 certificate).
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guideline 10.1 states that “those trained in CPR should refresh their CPR skills at least annually”.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
In order to enrol in this CPR Course, Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to work by themselves and as part of a team with some accountability of their own work areas in defined and routine tasks. Applicants must have sufficient reading, writing, verbal communication and numeracy skills in English to enable them to safely administer CPR in the workplace. Refer to the descriptions below.
- Read and apply basic first aid information such as DRSABCD charts
- Whilst good writing skills can make completing this course easier, it is not necessary to be able to write in order to enrol
- A basic understanding of timing so that compressions and breaths can be delivered properly whilst administering CPR
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify needs and issues
Verbal assessments may be conducted for the CPR multiple-choice test (please refer to the Additional Course Information section below).
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the CPR Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a CPR Courses Statement of Attainment (Nationally Accredited) and Proof of Training Card.
Additional CPR Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees are required to wear enclosed shoes
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- All trainees will be forwarded the CPR Course Handbook upon making a booking. WAM Training requires that all trainees study the CPR Course Handbook prior to the commencement of face-to-face training
What does the CPR Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a multiple-choice test and a practical assessment involving the demonstration of CPR techniques
- Verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, therefore may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
If you have any questions about our CPR Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.