$100 (GST Exempt)
This CPR Course is suitable for anyone who needs to maintain currency of their First Aid qualification. The Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines require that CPR is refreshed annually. This course is designed to meet that requirement.
Start Date (AM Sessions)
Wed 11/12 (4 Places Left)
Fri 13/12 (4 Places Left)
Mon 16/12 (8 Places Left)
Start Date (PM Sessions)
- Responding to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Providing CPR to adults and infants
- Communicating details of the incident
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Applicants who are currently employed or who have recent work experience are preferred but not mandatory
Why Complete this CPR Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the management and control of the employer.
According to WorkSafe Victoria, the number of first aiders and training needs will vary between workplaces. As a general rule, persons designated as first aid officers will need to have undertaken training leading to a Senior First Aid certificate (Level 2 certificate).
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guideline 10.1 states that “those trained in CPR should refresh their CPR skills at least annually”.
Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Requirements
In order to enrol in this CPR Course, Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to work by themselves and as part of a team with some accountability of their own work areas in defined and routine tasks. Applicants must have sufficient reading, writing, verbal communication and numeracy skills in English to enable them to safely administer CPR in the workplace. Refer to the descriptions below.
- Read and apply basic first aid information such as DRSABCD charts
- Whilst good writing skills can make completing this course easier, it is not necessary to be able to write in order to enrol
- A basic understanding of timing so that compressions and breaths can be delivered properly whilst administering CPR
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
Verbal assessments may be conducted for the CPR multiple-choice test
(please refer to the Additional Course Information section below)
Individuals who are concerned that they may not have adequate reading, writing, numeracy and/or verbal communication skills are advised to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.
What is the CPR Course Outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a CPR Courses Statement of Attainment (Nationally Accredited) and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Course Information
Read the information below before making a booking a booking into this CPR Course.
How many trainees can attend the course?
- A maximum of 12 trainees are permitted (Please note that the sessional rate applies for 1-12 trainees for courses conducted on your site)
What should trainees wear?
- Trainees are required to wear enclosed shoes
- For CPR Courses conducted on your site, trainees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with your policies and procedures
Do trainees need to study?
- Yes – All trainees will be forwarded the CPR Course Handbook upon making a booking. WAM Training requires that all trainees study the CPR Course Handbook prior to the commencement of face-to-face training
What should trainees bring?
- Trainees must bring a passport or an Australian driver’s licence
- Contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you do not have one of the forms of ID listed above
How is the assessment conducted?
- Trainees will be assessed using a multiple-choice test and a practical assessment involving the demonstration of CPR techniques
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the CPR multiple-choice test (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- WAM Training endeavours to conduct verbal assessments during standard course hours, but as verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, there is a possibility that verbal assessments may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
Please don’t hesitate to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you have any other questions.
CPR Course Photos
- “Good, well-structured course. Trainers took time to ensure topic was understood before moving onto the next topic. Very good knowledge base from trainers.” – Anonymous, 16.01.19
- “Zoe was awesome at delivering the course subject. Her experience and situational examples made understanding the course subject relevant to real life. Zoe made everyone in the class feel comfortable enough to participate.” – Olivia S, 19.12.18
- “Best CPR course I have ever completed.” – Anonymous, 27.11.18
- “Excellently presented… best yet! The facilities and ease of booking the course were great too. Good all round. Keep up the good work.” – Brett, 21.11.18
- “Trainer was very knowledgeable and passionate about every subject.” – Chris, 19.09.18
- “The trainer was energetic, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and thorough with all knowledge and practical activities. Excellent facilitator.” – John K, 22.09.17
- “Excellent class – would recommend to others. Trainer had excellent knowledge and was very helpful.” – Anthony, 20.09.17
- “The pace of the course was great. The trainer kept it interesting and entertaining.” – Joe C, 28.03.17