Construction Induction Course / White Card Course
1 Day – 7:45am to 2:00pm
Was $200 – SAVE 33% – Limited Time Only – Now Only $134 (GST Exempt)
This Construction Induction Course is suitable for anyone who is employed to perform construction work is required by regulation to have completed construction induction training by an approved training provider.
SAVE 33% in our Permitted Worker Permit Sale
For a short time only, we're discounting ALL NEW BOOKINGS by a MASSIVE 33% for all workers who hold a permitted worker permit and who's employer declares that their training is necessary for health and safety purposes.
Click below to SEE COURSE DATES and MAKE A BOOKING
- Safety legislation
- Hazards and control measures
- Communication and reporting processes
- Incident response procedures
- Applicants must be a minimum of 14 years and 9 months of age
- Applicants who are currently employed or who have recent work experience are preferred
Why complete this Construction Induction Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Regulation 339 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (Vic.) requires employers to “ensure that construction induction training is provided … to a person who — (a) is employed to perform construction work; and (b) does not hold a current construction induction card.”
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Construction Induction Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to construction work, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements, safety tags, signage and site policies and procedures
- Complete required documentation relevant to construction work, including completing risk assessments
- Understand dates and times
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Construction Induction Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment (Nationally Accredited), and a Construction Induction Card (White Card) issued by WorkSafe Victoria.
Additional Construction Induction Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees are required to wear enclosed shoes
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Construction Induction Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a teamwork-based activities involving the development of a Safe Work Method Statement and active participation in class discussion
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as updating risk assessment information (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- Verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, therefore may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
If you have any questions about our Construction Induction Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.