Construction Induction Course
$200 (GST Exempt)
This Construction Induction Course is suitable for anyone who is employed to perform construction work is required by regulation to have completed construction induction training by an approved training provider.
- OHS legislative requirements
- Construction hazards and control measures
- OHS communication and reporting processes
- OHS incident response procedures
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 14 years and 9 months of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Applicants who are currently employed or who have recent work experience are preferred but not mandatory
Why Complete a Construction Induction Training Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Regulation 339 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (Vic.) requires employers to “ensure that construction induction training is provided … to a person who — (a) is employed to perform construction work; and (b) does not hold a current construction induction card.”
Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Requirements for Construction Induction Course
In order to enrol in a Construction Induction Training Course, Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to work by themselves and as part of a team with some accountability of their own work areas in defined and routine tasks. Applicants must have sufficient reading, writing, verbal communication and numeracy skills in English to enable them to safely complete tasks relating to construction work.
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements, safety tags, signage and site policies and procedures
- Complete required documentation relevant to construction work, including completing risk assessments
- Understand dates and times
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify needs and issues
Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as updating risk assessment information
Individuals who are concerned that they may not have adequate reading, writing, numeracy and/or verbal communication skills are advised to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.
What is the Construction Induction Training Course Outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment (Nationally Accredited), and a Construction Induction Course Card (White Card) issued by WorkSafe Victoria
Additional Construction Induction Course Information
Read the information below before making a booking into a Construction Induction Training Course.
How many trainees can attend the course?
- A maximum of 12 trainees are permitted
What should trainees wear?
- Trainees are required to wear enclosed shoes
What should trainees bring?
- Trainees must bring a passport or an Australian driver’s licence
- Contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you do not have one of the forms of ID listed above
Do trainees need to study?
- Yes – All trainees will be forwarded the Course Handbook upon making a booking. WAM Training requires that all trainees study the Course Handbook prior to the commencement of face-to-face training
How is the assessment conducted?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer test and a teamwork-based activities involving the development of a Safe Work Method Statement and active participation in class discussion
- Verbal assessments may be conducted for the short-answer test, however Trainees will still need to demonstrate basic reading and writing skills such as updating risk assessment information (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
- WAM Training endeavours to conduct verbal assessments during standard course hours, but as verbal assessments must be conducted one-on-one, there is a possibility that verbal assessments may need to be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time
Please don’t hesitate to contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 if you have any other questions.
Construction Induction Course Photos
Course Reviews for Construction Induction Course
- “Succinct training, delivered in a personable manner.” – Patrick B, 16.01.19
- “Dave was entertaining and full of information. He made the material interesting and provided lots of context and examples.” – Letisha D, 05.09.18
- “Clear and concise trainer. Easy to understand theory. Good, practical examples.” – Wade, 05.09.18
- “Well-structured and delivered using real life scenarios and relevant examples.” – Anonymous, 03.09.18
- “James worked at a good pace that I could follow. He is approachable and no question is too ‘dumb’. Able to explain everything at a level that everyone was able to understand.” – Anna, 18.09.17
- “Trainer was very knowledgeable and provided real life examples which were helpful.” – Anonymous, 17.07.17
- “The course and trainer were extremely organised and knowledgeable.” – Kristen F, 14.03.17