Confined Space Rescue Course
2 Days – 7:45am to 4:00pm
Was $500 – SAVE 33% – Limited Time Only – Now Only $335 (GST Exempt)
This course is suitable for anyone who works as part of a confined space rescue team or two may be required to perform rescues from confined spaces on a worksite. Note that this course is non-fire sector specific and as such is not suitable for people employed in the emergency services sector.
SAVE 33% in our Permitted Worker Permit Sale
For a short time only, we're discounting ALL NEW BOOKINGS by a MASSIVE 33% for all workers who hold a permitted worker permit and who's employer declares that their training is necessary for health and safety purposes.
Click below to SEE COURSE DATES and MAKE A BOOKING
- Preparing for, assessing and managing confined space rescues
- Locating and assessing casualties
- Retrieving casualties from confined spaces
- Completion of rescue paperwork
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Applicants must bring evidence of having already completed a Nationally Accredited confined space entry course
- Applicants must bring evidence of having completed breathing apparatus training (I.e. MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus)
Why complete this Confined Space Rescue course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Further guidance is provided by WorkSafe Victoria in the Compliance Code: Confined Spaces 2019 which states “An employer must ensure, in relation to work in a confined space, that the relevant employees are given information, instruction and training in emergency procedures, which may include rescue and first aid procedures in confined spaces”
Additionally, Australian Standard AS2865-2009 Confined spaces states that no person shall enter a confined space unless appropriate and sufficient arrangements have been made for the initiation of emergency response and, where necessary, rescue of persons from the confined space.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Confined Space Rescue Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to confined space work, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret confined space entry risk assessments, complex piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Complete paperwork such as Rescue Plans
- Differentiate results regarding pressures, temperatures, voltages, masses and gas levels, interpret the results and determine the required actions
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Confined Space Rescue Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Confined Space Rescue Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can) and be aware that this course is physically demanding (requiring a substantial amount of bending, crawling, and lifting via the use of manual hauling systems)
- Trainees are required to achieve a positive seal whilst wearing a breathing apparatus (note that Trainees who attend with facial hair which inhibits the achievement of a positive seal may be turned away)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Confined Space Rescue Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, incorporating the development of multiple Rescue Plans, and a practical assessment involving the entering of multiple confined spaces whilst according to permits, using gas testing equipment and breathing apparatus to perform rescues
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
If you have any questions about our Confined Space Rescue Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.