Confined Space Entry Course
2 Days – 7:45am to 4:00pm
$500 (GST Exempt)
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to work in or supervise confined space entry on a worksite.
Want this course on your site?
Want this info emailed to you?
Public Course Dates:
- Wed 22/07 to Thu 23/07 (4 Places Left)
- Thu 09/07 to Fri 10/07 (4 Places Left)
- Thu 06/08 to Fri 07/08
- Wed 19/08 to Thu 20/08
- Mon 31/08 to Tue 01/09
- Identifying confined spaces
- Hazard identification and control
- Atmospheric testing and monitoring
- Entry Permits and other paperwork
- Use of breathing apparatus
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around confined spaces is preferred
Why complete this Confined Space Entry Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Furthermore, Australian Standard AS2865-2009 Confined spaces states the requirements for training and assessment of competency are as follows:
- All persons with tasks associated with a confined space shall be trained and assessed as competent to conduct those tasks
- Persons shall be reassessed at appropriate intervals to maintain their competency to conduct tasks associated with confined spaces
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Confined Space Entry Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to confined space work, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret confined space entry risk assessments, complex piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Complete paperwork such as Safe Work Method Statements and Entry Permits
- Differentiate results regarding pressures, temperatures, voltages, masses and gas levels, interpret the results and determine the required actions
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Confined Space Entry Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Additional Confined Space Entry Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Confined Space Entry Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, incorporating a Safe Work Method Statement, and a practical assessment involving the entering of a confined space according to permits, using gas testing equipment and breathing apparatus
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
If you have any questions about our Confined Space Entry Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.