Confined Space Entry Refresher Course
1 Day – 7:45am to 4:00pm
Was $286, Now $223.08 (GST Exempt) per person
This Confined Space Entry Refresher Course is suitable for anyone who already holds Nationally Accredited Units of Competency in this area, but who need to refresh their skills and knowledge to maintain compliance with Australian Standards.
BRING ON 2022 SALE!
We're welcoming 2022 with 22% OFF all courses. Book Now!
Click below to SEE COURSE DATES and MAKE A BOOKING
- Identifying confined spaces
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Entry Permits
- Atmospheric testing and monitoring
- Breathing apparatus use (for those who already hold a breathing apparatus unit)*
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Applicants must bring evidence of having already completed a Nationally Accredited confined space entry course
Why complete this Confined Space Entry Refresher Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Furthermore, Australian Standard AS2865-2009 Confined spaces states the requirements for training and assessment of competency are as follows:
- All persons with tasks associated with a confined space shall be trained and assessed as competent to conduct those tasks
- Persons shall be reassessed at appropriate intervals to maintain their competency to conduct tasks associated with confined spaces
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Confined Space Entry Refresher Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to confined space work, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret confined space entry risk assessments, complex piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Complete paperwork such as Safe Work Method Statements and Entry Permits
- Differentiate results regarding pressures, temperatures, voltages, masses and gas levels, interpret the results and determine the required actions
- Speak English clearly in order to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the capabilities described above, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Confined Space Entry Refresher Course outcome?
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Achievement and Proof of Training Card (Non-accredited).
Additional Confined Space Entry Refresher Course Information
- A maximum of 12 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees must bring evidence of having already completed a Nationally Accredited Confined Space Entry Refresher Course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
- Trainees are expected to have read the Course Handbook prior to attendance which will be provided upon making a booking
What does the Confined Space Entry Refresher Course assessment involve?
- Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, incorporating a Safe Work Method Statement, and a practical assessment involving the entering of a confined space according to permits, using gas testing equipment and breathing apparatus
- Verbal assessments will not be conducted for this course (please refer to the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements outlined above)
If you have any questions about our Confined Space Entry Refresher Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.
What is the course outcome?
- Statement of Achievement
- Proof of Training Card printed by WAM Training
How often is refresher training required?
Australian Standard 2865 Confined Spaces requires that individuals undergo reassessment at appropriate intervals. Essentially, your employer needs to have a policy outlining how often refresher training needs to be done (based on their risk assessment).
For onsite courses, why do I need to provide our policies, procedures and risk assessment?
This is so that we can make sure that our Trainer is safe, and also so that our Trainer is familiar with the processes that your business follows. We can also flag any differences between your processes and our course content, so that contradictions can be resolved prior to course commencement.