Combined Traffic Controller & Implement Traffic Management Plan
(1 day course)
RIIWHS205D - CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH A STOP-SLOW BAT
RIIWHS302D - IMPLEMENT TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN
WHO should complete traffic training?
Persons who wish to be able to use a stop/slow bat and to place/remove traffic control devices (such as bollards and signs) in accordance with a Traffic Management Plan.
WHY do you need traffic training?
“Traffic controllers are to be appropriately trained in their duties and certified as competent. All accredited traffic controllers at worksites on roads in Victoria should comply with the guidelines… All traffic controllers are required to obtain a valid Statement of Attainment in Traffic Control using Stop/Slow Bat and should attend an appropriate refresher course every three years.”
“Personnel involved in traffic management and traffic control should, where applicable, possess a certificate, issued by a Registered Training Organisation.”
WHAT is covered in this combined traffic training?
The following subjects are covered throughout the course:
- Use of stop/slow bats
- Planning and preparing to implement traffic management plans
- Setting out and monitoring traffic guidance schemes
- Closing down traffic guidance schemes
WHERE are the combined traffic training courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How Safe is Your Workplace?
- $400.00 (GST Exempt) Per Person.
Book 4 or more courses to receive a 15% discount off all courses booked.
WHEN are the combined traffic courses conducted?.
- Friday 2nd February 2018 - 1 position remaining
- Monday 5th February 2018.
- Thursday 8th February 2018.
- Friday 16th February 2018.
- Wednesday 21st February 2018.
- Monday 26th February 2018.
- Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Duration & course times:
1 day course (07:45am - 16:00pm Approx.)
- Maximum 10
- Enclosed safety shoes and hi-visibility clothing are required
- WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest for courses on our site
Trainees will be assessed using short-answer written tests and practical assessments involving the implementation of a various traffic management plans and traffic control devices.
Upon successful completion, trainees will be authorised to implement traffic management plans such as those required by regulatory authorities, including VicRoads. Trainees will also have the appropriate training to use a stop/slow bat. Successful trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team with some accountability of their own work areas in defined and routine tasks. Applicants must have sufficient speaking, reading, writing and numeracy skills in English to enable them to:
- Provide and gather factual information orally, sufficient to explain potential hazards or difficulties
- Read and understand permits and instructions and to identify if the information contained in the permit is complete and appropriate for the job
- Locate, read and interpret information in short simple texts, which may contain simple graphic or diagrammatic information
- Write in simple sentences. For example, brief reports or explanations
- Locate, select and use simple mathematical actions and information in familiar real life activities or texts
- Use some symbols and diagrams to communicate mathematically. For example, set up signs in accordance with a traffic management plan
- Communicate verbal and written information in a work or emergency situation
- Participate in short interpersonal exchanges
- Use everyday language to provide information or maintain a conversation with others, including colleagues and mentors
The training and assessment may involve bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice
Excellent insight into all aspects of traffic control and safety.
7.4.17 - Paul R
Steve is a very good presenter - Great skills in engaging the class. Well done.
3.4.17 - James L
Information, good instructor.
21.3.17 - Bill B
Very well presented. Great work Steve.
17.3.17 - Anonymous
Steve has a great knowledge of the course. He gave great and direct information regarding to the topic. Overall I learnt and passed thanks to the trainer and how he taught.
21.2.17 - Paul
The training was well presented.
21.2.17 - Anonymous
I would recommend this training to anybody. He was great.
3.2.17 - Anonymous
Good course, focused on main objectives.
11.01.17 - Anonymous
Steve was a great teacher and made the learning outcomes achievable.
21.12.16 - Alex
Great teacher, very knowledgeable. Will explain the course thoroughly and assist of further development is needed. Highly recommended.
21.12.16 - Steven S
Good course, well prepared and informative. Instructor well learned in all aspects.
13.12.16 - Daniel D
Good job, thanks for patience.
12.12.16 - Dean B
Was good to gain knowledge on scenarios that currently exist in my workplace.
5.12.16 - Theo
5.12.16 - Youssef
Good trainer, good equipment very helpful
1.12.16 - Hugh M
Well done thanks Steve
16.11.16 - Anonymous
Steve was professional and had great knowledge.
16.11.16 - Peter D
Well presented course
28.10.16 - Steve
Steve was very knowledgeable on this course and was a good communicator.
28.10.16 - Anonymous
Was very good, realistic, practical and theory was also very good.
28.10.16 - Anonymous
Very nice training facilities and great teacher to learn from.
20.10.16 - Paul H
Steve communicated to the target audience on the same level. Well done thank you.
27.09.16 - Steve G
Great delivery Steve. Good underpinning knowledge and great day.
27..9.16 - Anonymous
Was very well informed. Very good trainer.
27.09.16 - Craig
27.09.16 - Kevin
Very polite and good trainer.
09.09.16 - Anonymous
The trainer was very helpful.
18.08.16 - Jeff S
Easy to get along with and very informative
10.08.16 - Anonymous
The trainer (Steve) made the course more interesting in his presenting.
22.04.16 - Salman
I had a good time in learning traffic management and applying it in an actual environment. Very good training.
22.04.16 - Chris
Good course. WAM comes through with the goods again.
22.04.16 - Amed
It was a great session. Trainer was interactive and friendly.
22.04.16 - Rohan
Well done. Easily understood.