Boomlift Licence Course
$650 (GST Exempt)
This Boomlift Licence Course is suitable for anyone who needs to operate a boomlift that can reach above 11 meters.
Click Here to Save 30% in January 2020
If you or your staff have downtime during the first weeks of 2020, this is a great opportunity to upskill and save on course fees at the same time.
Tue 28/01 to Wed 29/01 (1 Place Left)
Mon 03/02 to Tue 04/02 (2 Places Left)
Wed 12/02 to Thu 13/02
Thu 13/02 to Fri 14/02
Wed 26/02 to Thu 27/02
Tue 03/03 to Wed 04/03
Thu 12/03 to Fri 13/03
Mon 16/03 to Tue 17/03
Wed 25/03 to Thu 26/03
Mon 30/03 to Tue 31/03
Wed 08/04 to Thu 09/04
Tue 14/04 to Wed 15/04
Thu 23/04 to Fri 24/04
Mon 24/04 to Tue 28/04
Thu 07/05 to Fri 08/05
To Make a Booking Click Here
Subjects covered in this course:
- Planning work and keeping safe
- Boomlift safety checks
- Safe use of boomlifts
- Victorian residents only
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Experience working around machinery is preferred
Worksafe Victoria Registration Rules:
Registration closes at 4:00pm Friday for courses starting on Monday-Wednesday the following week or at 4:00pm Monday for courses starting on the following Thursday. Trainees cannot be changed and refunds wont be given once registration closes.
Why complete this Boomlift Licence Course?
Section 21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely. Furthermore, Part 3.6 and Schedule 3 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (Vic.) outline the requirement to hold a High Risk Work Licence if operating boomlifts with a capacity of greater than 11 metres.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
For the Boomlift Licence Course, trainees must have adequate English language skills to safely complete tasks relating to boomlift operation, such as being able to:
- Read and correctly interpret safe work method statements, boomlift operation manuals and compliance plates
- Complete paperwork such as risk assessments and logbook entries
- Find the total weight of people, tools and materials being lifted
- Speak English clearly
If a trainee is concerned that they may not have the required capabilities to complete our Boomlift Licence Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343 for advice.
What is the Boomlift Licence Course outcome?
Upon successful completion, trainees will be issued with a WorkSafe Notice of Assessment (which must be lodged at Australia Post along with the lodgement fee of $65) and a Statement of Attainment.
Additional Boomlift Licence Course Information
- A maximum of 6 trainees can attend this course
- Trainees should wear safety shoes (and hi-vis clothing if they can)
- A Pre-Course Worksheet will be provided which must be completed prior to the course
- For identification, trainees should bring a driver’s licence or passport
What does the Boomlift Licence Course assessment involve?
Before formal assessment, trainees must successfully complete three worksheets. If these worksheets aren’t correctly completed, additional one-on-one training can be provided as indicated below
Trainees will then be formally assessed in three stages:
- Theory Assessment (68 short-answer questions)
- Maths Assessment (2 maths questions involving calculating load weights and comparing to a boomlift compliance plate)
- Practical Assessment (Hazard identification, safety checks, operating, elevating and shutting down)
The formal assessments for the Boomlift Licence Course are closed-book and no notes are permitted to be used. Also, if a Trainee is unable to complete the worksheets, additional one-on-one training may be required and can be provided as indicated below. Verbal assessments may be conducted for the Theory Assessment only. If required, verbal assessments may be postponed to a mutually agreeable date and time as they must be conducted one-on-one.
In the event that re-assessment is required, the following rates apply:
- Theory – $100
- Maths – $75
- Practical – $150
- Practical Training – $150 per hour if required
If you have any questions about our Boomlift Licence Course, please contact WAM Training on 1800 143 343.