Vehicle Loading Crane (Up to 10 Metre Tonnes)
(1 day course)
- RIIHAN307D Operate a vehicle loading crane
WHO should complete Vehicle Loading crane training?
Anyone who operates a Vehicle Loading Crane (Up to 10 Metre Tonnes), in a workplace.
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Experience working around plant/machinery is preferred but not mandatory
WHY do you need to complete Vehicle Loading crane training?
Competencies are required to operate all cranes. Section 21 of the OHS Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
WHAT is covered in Vehicle Loading crane training?
This training course includes the skills and knowledge required to operate a vehicle loading crane (Up to 10 Metre Tonnes). Topics include:
- Planning and preparing for vehicle loading crane operation
- Setting up and operating vehicle loading crane
- Cleaning up after vehicle loading crane operation
WHERE are the Vehicle Loading crane training courses conducted?
- All Vehicle Loading crane courses are conducted on your site with the availability of a Vehicle Loading crane for the purposes of training and assessment.
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How Safe is Your Workplace?
- $440.00 (GST Exempt) Per Person.
(Minimum group size of 4 applies to this course.)
WHEN are the Vehicle Loading crane courses conducted?
At a mutually agreeable date & time. Contact WAM Training to schedule a course on your site.
Duration & course times:
1 day course (07:45am – 16:00pm Approx.)
- Minimum 4
- Maximum 8
- Enclosed safety shoes, hard hat and hi-visibility clothing are required
The trainees will be assessed according using a short-answer theory test, and a practical component involving pre-operational checks, setup, use, and stowing of a vehicle loading crane.
Upon successful completion, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team, exercising judgement in the selection of equipment, services or contingency plans. Trainees must be able to utilise workplace documentation without the guidance of another person.
The training and assessment will involve working with heavy machinery, bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice.
29.11.17 – Steve S.
Paul explained the course and any questions that I had well. It was a pleasure to meet Paul.
29.11.17 – Anonymous
Paul is a great trainer, very knowledgeable about cranes and explained everything very well.
24.07.17 – Anonymous
Relevant, well presented. Maintained interest well.
29.01.16 – Steve
Well presented course. Lucas took the time to answer students questions in full detail. Well done!
29.01.16 – Vijay
Good trainer and equipment. Was very good for practical session.
29.01.16 – James C
The trainer was good and very approachable during the course. Well done.
03.08.15 – Glenn T
I found Lucas to be very knowledgeable and approachable. I have learned a fair bit. Thank you.
27.02.15 – Alex W
Excellent training, excellent trainer + training environment. Will be back soon. Thank you.
6.10.14 – Wayne M
Informative course, well run.
2.9.14 – M.M.
2.9.14 – Shaun McG
Excellent course, well run, professional and delivered well to.