(1 day course)
- RIIHAN309E Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
WHO should complete Telehandler (Less than 3T) training?
Anyone who operates a telescopic materials handler(Less than 3 Tonnes capacity), in a workplace.
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Experience working around plant/machinery is preferred but not mandatory
WHY do you need Telehandler (Less than 3T) training?
Section 21 of the OHS Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Furthermore, Worksafe via a guidance note issued in June 2010 stated the following:
“Telehandler operators with a capacity of three tonne or less do not require a licence, but should be competent in their use and have training in relation to the machine and attachment being used.”
WHAT is covered in Telehandler (Less than 3T) training?
This course provides trainees with information, instruction and training about safe operation of a Telehandler. Telehandler practical training and assessments are conducted in our purpose built training facility.
- This will help you or your employees to understand what is required to:
- Plan and prepare telescopic materials handler operations
- Conduct machine pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance & Clean up
WHERE are the Telehandler (Less than 3T) training courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility: Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How Safe is Your Workplace?
- $400.00 (GST Exempt) per person
- Thursday 12th September 2019.
- Tuesday 24th September 2019 – 2 positions remaining
- Thursday 10th October 2019.
- Thursday 31st October 2019.
Duration & course times:
1 day course (07:45am – 16:00pm Approx.)
- Maximum 6
- Enclosed shoes and hi-visibility clothing are required
- WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest for courses on our site
Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, incorporating a Job Safety Analysis, and a practical assessment involving the use of a telescopic materials handler.
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team, exercising judgement in the selection of equipment, services or contingency plans. Trainees must be able to utilise workplace documentation without the guidance of another person.
The training and assessment will involve working with heavy machinery, bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice.
28.09.17 – Lucinda H
Great atmosphere to learn new skills and everyone is polite and helpful.
24.07.17 – Danny W
Thank you for taking the time to have us.
6.2.17 – Jeremy H
Stan was great, instead to call staff talked. About any questions any one had.
18.1.17 – Shane H
Very good course, trainer added to my knowledge.
13.1.17 – Garry H
Dave had an excellent approach to the training in a way were it was easily taken on board.
16.2.16 – Dion G
Stan was great had great knowledge and communicated clearly making it easy to take in information.
15.09.16 – Anonymous
Top trainer on a rainy day/ 100% recommend.
12.08.16 – Chris W
12.08.16 – Tony M
Good informal environment. Easy to ask any questions and learn.
15.07.16 – Ali S
The course at WAM are the best that I have come across from any RTO so far.
07.03.16 – Richard S
Good course, great trainer.
14.08.15 – Anonymous
Excellent course and instructions
13.07.15 – Bruce U
Great service, facility and price.
13.17.15 – Peter T
Your course was very good. I will be using you again and will recommend others to you – Good values and good outcome.
12.03.15 – Anonymous
Thanks for everything.
12.03.15 – Philip M
12.03.15 – Anonymous
Trainer was clear and patient.
05.03.15 – Anonymous
Great course, great to get practical experience.
05.03.15 – Anonymous
23.02.15 – 25.02.15 – Anonymous
Everything was perfect.
2.6.14 – Andrew W
Great course content, Aaron was very clear and accommodating to my knowledge.
24.2.14 – Rory S
Good coffee & close café. The trainer was pretty good too.