(1/2 day to 1 day course)
WHO should complete Refresher training?
Anyone who holds a competency or licence to operate mobile plant in a workplace in Australia.
WHY do you need Refresher training?
Under Australian law employers are legally required to ensure that they provide employees with sufficient information, training and instruction to perform their work safely. In case where employees currently hold a licence or a ticket to perform their duties, ensuring ongoing competence of plant and equipment operators is the responsibility of the employer.
WHAT is covered in Refresher training?
Refresher training by definition is a Short-term course aimed at recall and reinforcement of previously acquired knowledge and skills.
Refresher training courses involve a revision of required knowledge and skills, followed by both a knowledge and practical assessment to confirm that the knowledge and skills still meet current industry standards and expectations.
WAM Training has developed via industry consultation a suite of refresher training courses, including:
All refresher courses delivered by WAM Training are developed with reference to Australian Standards, Nationally Accredited Units of Competence, Licencing frameworks and State or Federal legislation.
WHERE are the Refresher training courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility: Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
HOW OFTEN do I need to refresh a High Risk Licence or a Competency ticket?
Ultimately unless there is a specific industry expectation, such as annual confined space refresher training, the decision is up to each employer, who must identify if a lack of training poses a potential risk to the health and safety of employees. If a potential risk exists, action must be taken.
Current industry expectations would place most refresher training occurring in the range of 1 to 3 years with some electing longer.
The following link to the Worksafe website may provide further direction or assistance:
How Safe is Your Workplace?
WAM Training charges sessional rates and our pricing structure is based on the number of sessions you book at the one time and on how many are run in the one day.
|1 x 4 hour Refresher session||$1,200.00 (plus GST) per 4 Hour session|
|2 x 4 hour Refresher session||$2,000.00 (plus GST) per 8 Hour session|
WHEN are the Refresher training courses conducted?
At a mutually agreeable date & time. Contact WAM Training to schedule a course on your site.
Duration & course times:
1/2 day – 1 day course
- Maximum 8
- Enclosed safety shoes and hi-visibility clothing are required
The trainees will be assessed according using a short-answer theory test, and a practical assessment.
Upon successful completion, trainees will receive a Statement of Achievement.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and numeracy required to achieve the original competency or high risk work licence being refreshed. All assessments must be conducted in English – engaging an interpreter is not allowed.
The training and assessment will involve working with heavy machinery, bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice.
- Staff must bring a Driver’s Licence or equivalent photo identification to each refresher training session
- Staff must bring any relevant High Risk Work Licence or Competency
- Provide access to plant/scaffold must be available for all refresher training conducted at a customer’s site
- Provide access to a suitable equipped training room must be available for the completion of a refresher training session conducted on a customer’s site
- Upon successful completion, WAM Training will issue a “Statement of Attendance”, which will contain the attendees name and list of refresher sessions attended. These will be posted within 5 business days of the completion of the final refresher topic delivered