(3 hour course)
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
WHO should complete CPR training?
Anyone who holds a First Aid qualification as a job requirement (Note that the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines require that CPR is refreshed annually).
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Applicants who are currently employed or who have recent work experience are preferred but not mandatory
WHY do you need CPR training?
The law requires employers to provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe working environment and adequate facilities for the welfare of their employees. Section 21(2)(d) of the OHS Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that, in meeting their duty under section 21(1), an employer must provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the employer’s management and control.
This needs to include having appropriate first aid measures in place, including first aid kits and suitably trained first aid officers.
Australian Resuscitation Council:
All those trained in CPR should refresh their CPR skills at least annually. (ARC – Guideline 10.1 (March 2013).
WHAT is covered in the CPR training?
This CPR training course provides trainees with the knowledge and skills on the following topics:
- Respond to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Provide CPR
- Communicate details of the incident
WHERE are CPR training courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility: Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How safe is your workplace?
- $100.00 Per Person.
- Friday 23rd August 2019.
- Monday 26th August 2019 – 6 positions remaining
- Tuesday 27th August 2019.
- Friday 30th August 2019 – 5 positions remaining
- Tuesday 3rd September 2019 – 4 positions remaining
- Tuesday 10th September 2019.
- Wednesday 11th September 2019.
- Monday 16th September 2019.
- Tuesday 17th September 2019.
- Thursday 19th September 2019.
- Monday 23rd September 2019.
- Tuesday 24th September 2019.
- Monday 30th September 2019.
- Tuesday 1st October 2019.
- Friday 11th October 2019.
- Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
Course duration & course times:
Approximately 3 hours (07:45 am – 11:00 am Approx.)
- Enclosed shoes are required
Trainees will be assessed using a short-answer written test, a multiple choice test, and practical scenario based assessments involving the use of CPR.
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and Proof of Training Card
Language, literacy & numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team, exercising judgement in the selection of equipment, services or contingency plans. Trainees must be able to utilise workplace documentation without the guidance of another person.
The training and assessment may involve bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice.
28.3.17 – Joe C
The pace of the course was great. The trainer kept it interesting and entertaining.
14.12.16 – Andrew W
Great enthusiasm and knowledge! Thanks!
7.12.16 – Mick
Instructor very knowledgeable and clear.
7.12.16 – Anonymous
First aid course is always good
7.12.16 – Adam
Brilliant course concise and to the point.
7.11.16 – Ashley O
Teacher had vast knowledge on the subject and was a pleasure to deal with.
23.10.14 – Anonymous
Great course, great facilities, excellent. A lot of information delivered well and timed well.
18.10.14 – Simon
08.10.14 – Jaimsey A
keep up good work. Very educational and entertaining.
24.09.14 – Paul R
Course contained excellent content.
18.08.14 – Anonymous
Well run day with good relevant information provided.
14.08.14 – Anonymous
Interesting, informative and gave me the confidence to know i could offer assistance in an emergency.
31.07.14 – Darren W
Karen would have to be, hands down, the best trainer I’ve had in literally, 100 courses I’ve had in my life. She’s a true asset to your company.
29.07.11 – Anonymous
Thank you for an interesting day. The course was very enjoyable a good mix of theory and practice delivered in a clear friendly manner.
17.07.14 – Mark T
Excellent training, keep doing what you’re doing.
20.06.14 – Anonymous
If you are going to learn something in life, learn first aid.
20.06.14 – Anonymous
Trainer was very clear with instructions.
20.06.14 – Kim G
Great course, very good instructor.
28.05.14 – Troy K
Karen did a great job and would recommend course.
28.05.14 – Paul S
Thank you, Karen was very helpful and showed great knowledge.
14.05.14 – David G
Karen has done a great job. Keep up the good work.
14.05.14 – Kolini F
So thankful about the trainer because she can share her skills with us about doing first aid and she did well.
02.12.13 – Bernie W
Learning about defibrillator opened my eyes. Not just a pack on the wall.
11.09.13 – Ahmet
Very happy with course. Informative, well laid out, easy to follow and understand.
10.07.13 – Kellie P
Karen was fantastic! Warm, friendly and very interactive. Great day.