(3 day course)
- TLILIC3006 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
- RIIHAN309E Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
WHO should complete Non Slewing Crane (3T or Over) licence training?
Essentially anyone who operates a non-slewing mobile crane (Greater than 3 Tonnes capacity) in a workplace must hold the appropriate CN class (Non Slewing Crane) ) High Risk Work Licence.
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicants must satisfy the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as outlined below
- Experience working around plant/machinery is preferred but not mandatory
WHY do you need a Non Slewing Crane (3T or Over) licence?
Section 21 of the OHS Act 2004 (Vic.) requires that employers provide an adequate level of information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely.
Furthermore, Part 3.6 and Schedule 3 of the OHS Regulations 2017 (Vic.) identify Non Slewing Mobile Crane (Greater than 3 Tonnes capacity) operation as a High Risk Work, confirming the requirement to hold an appropriate High Risk Work licence
WHAT is covered in this Non Slewing Crane (3T or Over) training course?
This course provides trainees with information, instruction and training about safe operation of a non slewing mobile crane. Trainees will be required to study a student handbook to help prepare them for the 3 day course. Non slewing mobile crane practical training and assessments are conducted in our purpose built training facility. Non slewing mobile crane theory revision and the use of knowledge based formative assessment prepare candidates to complete their Worksafe mandated assessment instrument.
- This will help you or your employees to understand what is required to:
- Plan work involving non-slewing mobile cranes
- Conduct routine checks on non-slewing mobile cranes
- Set up non-slewing mobile cranes
- Move loads using non-slewing mobile cranes
- Shut down and secure non-slewing mobile cranes
WHERE are the Non Slewing Crane (3T or Over) licence courses conducted?
- WAM Training Industrial Training Facility: Factories 1-3, 73 Dohertys Rd, Laverton North
- Contact WAM Training if you’d like to schedule a course on your site
How Safe is Your Workplace?
- $2,000.00 (GST Exempt) Per Person
- Please note that only company bookings are accepted for this course
- Upon successful completion, individuals are required to apply for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work at Australia Post, at a cost of $65.00 per licence category
WHEN are Non Slewing Crane (3T or Over) Licence courses conducted?
- Monday 7th to Wednesday 9th October 2019.
- Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th November 2019.
- WorkSafe Victoria requires that we notify it a minimum of 72 hours prior to conducting assessments
- Once notification has been made, no substituting of attendees is allowed
- Registration cut-off occurs at Friday 4:00pm the week prior to course commencement for courses which commence on a Monday or Tuesday
- Registration cut-off occurs at Monday 4:00pm for courses which commence on a Wednesday
Duration & course times:
3 day course (07:45am – 16:00pm Approx.)
- Maximum 6
- Enclosed shoes and hi-visibility clothing are required
- WAM Training can provide a hi-visibility safety vest for courses on our site
Trainees will be assessed according to the Endorsed Assessment Instrument approved by Safe Work Australia and WorkSafe Victoria, which includes:
99 short answer questions
4 maths questions involving the calculation of lifting capacities
Demonstration of the following:
- Hazard identification and risk controls, both workplace and task specific
- Conduct pre-operational checks (crane visual inspection)
- Conduct post-start checks
- Set up crane and conduct test lift
- Operation of the crane to the full range of its capability (safe moving of loads)
- Correctly interpret and act on communications
- Shut down and secure crane
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and a Notice of Assessment which may then be used to apply for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work – Class CN
Successful trainees will leave the course with a temporary licence (Valid for 60 days). You can start using your non slewing mobile crane licence straight away.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Trainees need to be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required and numeracy to work by themselves and as part of a team, exercising judgement in the selection of equipment, services or contingency plans. Trainees must be able to utilise workplace documentation without the guidance of another person.
The training and assessment will involve working around heavy machinery, bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting. Please refer to ‘Student Health Form’ for further advice.
LICENCE TO OPERATE A NON SLEWING MOBILE CRANE COURSE
The Worksafe approved Licence to Operate a Non Slewing Mobile Crane course is conducted at WAM Training’s Laverton North Industrial Training facility. The course duration is 3 days with a maximum of 4 attendees per course.
Once competence is achieved, trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and a Worksafe Notice of Assessment. Lodgement of the Worksafe Notice of Assessment must be made personally at an Australia Post office by each successful student within 60 days of the course completion. This process registers your achievement with Worksafe, and triggers the production of your High Risk licence. The training and assessment will involve working around heavy machinery, bending, crawling, and light to medium lifting.
The Non Slewing Mobile Crane course will guide you through the outcomes required for you to:
- Plan your work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up crane
- Transfer load
- Mobile load
- Shut down and secure crane
Knowledge of the information contained in the study guide is essential prior to attending the training course.
For all enquiries and bookings please contact our office on
1800 143 343
or email to email@example.com
10/10/18 – Dylan
Really helped to make everyone understand the areas that were a bit harder to sink in.
18.04.18 – Jane V
Fantastic course. Thank you again.
18.04.18 – Paul R
The course and trainer were amazing.
18.04.18 – Anonymous
Great course, informative.
07.02.18 – Phillip B.
Steve is an excellent trainer and is very effective at getting information to stick/ I’m very happy with the course.
07.02.18 – Peter G.
Trainers were excellent and put things in ways that were easy for me to understand and remember.
07.02.18 – Simone B
Very relaxed and educational. Plenty of practical time on machine.
07.02.18 – Brad E.
07.02.18 – Liril G.
The way the course is done is excellent and easy to understand.
20.12.17 – Bruno G.
No, just would like to thank all staff for the warm welcome to their premises and hospitality and wish them all the very best for the future. Looking forward to my next course with WAM.
20.12.17 – J. N.
This was a very good course. The environment was great and would recommend WAM as a top trainer.
10.11.17 – Stephen B
Steve really knows how to communicate the information to the students in an easy and understandable way. He engaged his audience. I actually enjoyed learning the material with Steve!
16.06.17 – Adam R
10.3.17 – Anonymous
I like the way my trainer explained the the rules and regulations.
10.3.17 – Jason M
The course was run perfectly and I found Steve to be a fantastic trainer.
8.2.17 – Leighton K
Amazing/ thoughtful, genuine and gentlemen. Thanks.
8.2.17 – Anonymous
Fantastic course. Thank you.
6.2.17 – Daniel O
Thanks Steve for extra help. Much appreciated.
21.12.16 – Ash
Great course, great teacher.
21.12.16 – Zoran S
19.10.16 – Anonymous
Great course, equipment in excellent condition.
21.09.16 – Paramjit
Every body is so helpful. Trainer has easy methods to explain things. I enjoyed training at WAM.
21.9.16 – Brodie
Very well done. Appreciate your time.
21.09.16 – Ben
21.09.16 – Matt
This is my third course at WAM. It has been very good each time.
27.07.16 – Anonymous
Very good trainer, would definitely recommend to others.
27.07.16 – Rob
I enjoyed the course. Well run and good staff and facilities.
27.07.16 – James H
Professional atmosphere. Enjoyable course.
16.06.16 – Richard P
26.04.16 – Anonymous
Knowledge gained was exceptional.
26.04.16 – Anonymous
Great instructors/ teachers and facilities – very impressed!
31.03.16 – Matt
The course was thorough and went into great detail of what could be expected on work-sites.
31.03.16 – Anonymous
Training was very good. Trainer had good knowledge.
16.01.15 – Bret M
Great machines, great people
27.10.15 – Stephen B
Course was delivered in a professional manner.
27.10.15 – Geoff L
Course was conducted well ans was always interesting.
27.10.15 – Daniel F
Everything was good. Trainer had great knowledge.
23.07.15 – Josh C
Well presented course.
23.07.15 – Anonymous
Well run course very informative.
20.07.15 – Alexander W
Excellent training and great experience. Learnt a lot. Well done, will be back.
12.03.15 – Anonymous
Thanks for everything.
12.03.15 – Philip M
12.03.15 – Anonymous
Trainer was clear and patient.
23.02.15 – 25.02.15 – Anonymous
Everything was perfect.
21.7.14 – Anonymous
Very well run course.
7.7.14 – Chris W
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learnt all the skills I required. I am confident to apply the skills once I get back to work. The presenter was fantastic, and would attend more courses here.
23.6.14 – Anonymous
Good trainer and informative, positive feedback.
16.5.14 – Jason C
Great relaxed training. Lucas and Steve took the anxiety away from the training and assessment.
26.3.14 – Les
They made it very easy to understand, very good learning centre.